October 05, 2019
You are about to have your first nose job and you are eager to get started, but you also wonder what will happen afterwards. Just so you know, once you walk out of the clinic, it’s not over. The downtime is an important part of the process and you want to take your doctor’s advice seriously. There will be lots of it. As harmless as this treatment is, there are things you ought to do to impede infections and speed up healing, so it is in your best interest to follow the instructions mot-a-mot. In case you want to write some of them down, here are the most significant tips for nose thread lift aftercare introduced by Singapore's 1Aesthetics, Medical & Surgery that you have got to know.
- Immediately after the procedure, you might feel like putting cold compresses on the injection area to relieve swelling and bruising.
- If you are in pain, take paracetamol or other forms of analgesia. It is best to steer clear of anti-inflammatory medicaments - anything that reads naproxen, ibuprofen, and aspirin - unless they are required for medical indications. You need the inflammation part because it is what will spur the production of collagen. As for the discomfort, it will not persist for too long.
- Do not let the sun get to your skin. Use an SPF30+ as a protective covering that will keep those gentle areas from harm. On that note, you had better cancel any sun tanning procedures, as this may result in post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).
- If any antibiotics were prescribed to you, you should take them as long as you have been told to do so.
- If the pain remains the same two days afterwards, contact the clinic.
- You can now apply mineral makeup.
- It may be challenging to smile or keep your mouth wide open for long periods without feeling that pulling sensation in the nose area. Don’t sweat it. That’s okay and it will resolve quickly.
- You ought to avoid engaging in any intense physical exercise during the healing phase. Right now your body needs more rest than normal so it can recover from the treatment. Another reason to desist from working out is that you may hurt yourself or - even worse - cause the threads to displace. This will slacken the “gathering” that was created with the neighbouring tissues, compromising the results.
- For the same reasons as above, you should also refrain from rubbing vigorously your nose or the skin around it, massages included, or to exert pressure on the site where the threads were inserted.
- Do not take vitamins E, A, and C because they are natural blood thinners. At this point, they can do more harm than good, i.e. cause bleeding.
- Unless prescribed by your aesthetic specialist, stay away from anti-coagulants (e.g. aspirin).
- It may seem too obvious, but it has to be pointed out straight away. Do not drink alcohol up to a week after having your nose thread lift.
- Ensure that you sleep with your face up so as not to apply force on the treated area. Use two or more pillows to keep your head elevated and help lower the blood pressure in the region. Do not sleep on the sides.
14 Days Afterwards
- Do not expose your nose (and face) to temperature extremes. Make sure to reschedule your appointments with the spa if you have any. No Turkish baths, saunas, Jacuzzis or heat-producing devices like IPL and lasers for the time being. You can enjoy those later - preferably after a two-week interval.
- You should still shun overexposure to the sun. Wear adequate SPF whenever you are out in the open.
- You can now take anti-inflammatory medications if you need to.
- The feeling of pulling and stinging in the treated area will begin to subside.
- The scratching sensation will wear down.
- Don’t forget to go to your follow up examination as scheduled by your doctor.
3-4 Weeks After Nose Thread Lift
- Regardless of the fact that you had a nose job, it is not advisable to receive dental procedures or surgery, especially ones where you have to keep your mouth open for hours, which will also affect your nose.
- Facial massages are still a big no-no.
When Can I Have Other Similar Manipulations?
If you have planned additional procedures such as nose fillers and derma rollers, do postpone them to a later date. Wait for 14 days to pass after the nose thread lift before you engage with another treatment.
As for laser therapy, it is recommended you wait at least 10-12 weeks until you can have a manipulation like this done to your face. What could possibly happen if you undertake it anyway? There is a risk of the threads breaking down and undoing the initial results.
Always make it a point to consult your doctor when it comes to these things. It is vital to allow enough time between different treatments so that your body can recuperate. This is the best way to guarantee that your beauty sessions are not compromising your wellbeing.
The general downtime of nose thread lifts is two weeks, but as you can see, there are some things to avoid even after this period. The majority of don’ts are valid for the first seven days. As long as you follow the tips, the injection site will heal quickly and the threads will not displace. With proper aftercare, the results will be visible for a long time. What matters the most is that you don’t rush it. Be patient and do as you are told and you will go through this experience with as little discomfort as possible.
For more info about anything related to nose fillers, thread lift and nose thread lift in Singapore you may ask at:
1Aesthetics, Medical & Surgery
Address: #14-90 The Central Tower 18 Eu Tong Sen StreetSingapore 059818
Phone: +65 66125173